Our triangular bandage keeps the shoulder and arm immobilised by supporting the arm in a raised position, preventing either the elbow, wrist or shoulder from moving. This limited motion helps to reduce pressure on the injury so it can heal.
Triangular bandages are multifunctional and essential in every first aid kit. They can be fully unrolled and used as a classic sling in emergencies to keep the arm still and prevent the injury from getting worse. Or triangular bandaged can be folded and used to compress a wound and stop it from bleeding.
Our triangular bandages can be washed and reused if using for long-term support of arm, shoulder or wrist injuries and are suitable to use on both adults and children.
- Washable and reusable
- Immobilises and supports injured shoulders, arms, wrists and hands
- Suitable for both adults and children
- Use as a classic sling or wound compress
- Essential in every first aid kit
- One triangular bandage per pack
- Please refer to packaging before use
How to use (Arm sling)
To use a triangular bandage as a sling and immobilise arm, shoulder and wrist injuries:
- Fully open and unroll the triangular bandage
- Hold the injured arm across the chest
- Carefully place the bandage under the arm and around the back of the neck
- Take the other half of the bandage and place it over the arm to meet at the shoulder
- Tie a secure knot and tuck any loose end of bandage in at the below
- Secure with safety pins
How to use (Dressing)
To use a triangular bandage as a large dressing
- Hold the triangular bandage in half horizontally
- Fold it in half again to make a broad strip
- Secure with tape