Also known to as ‘steri-stips’, Safe and Sound Health’s Adhesive Wound Closure Strips hold together the edges of deep cuts, closing the injury to reduce further bleeding and scarring. By keeping the edges of a deep wound together, the wound closure strips help to prevent the wound re-opening and bleeding, which can cause scarring and increase the risk of infection.
Our wound closure strips are hypoallergic and have a non-stick centre, so when you remove the wound closure strips the healing wound is protected.
- Adhesive skin closure strips are suitable for minor and deeps cuts, lacerations and wounds
- 20 Adhesive wound closure strips per pack
- Closure strips come in two sizes
- Non-stick centre for painless removal
- Please refer to packaging before use
- Thoroughly wash your hands before tending to any open wounds with either soap and water or antibacterial hand gel
- Gently rinse the wound with water, removing any dirt or grit. You can use an antiseptic wipe or antiseptic spray to clean and disinfect the wound and surrounding area
- Carefully pat the wound and surrounding area dry
- Hold together the skin on either side of the wound and apply the first steri-strip in the middle of the wound. This will ensure the wound heals evenly. To apply the wound closure strip, place one end of steri-strip on one side of the wound and press the strip over the wound. Secure the other end of the strip on the other side of the wound. Ensure the non-stick middle is over the wound, and there is an even amount of the wound closure strip on each side of the wound
- Continue to place as many strips as you need, leaving about 1/3rd of a cm between each strip