Most parents will have to deal with head lice at some point, especially with younger children, but by quickly detecting and removing the lice and their eggs, you can prevent them from spreading. Safe and Sound Health’s Long Handled Nit Comb helps to identify the presence of head lice and nit eggs in the hair.
The handled nit comb by Safe and Sound Health is suitable for both wet and dry hair, and the long handle gives you better control when treating and removing head lice. Regularly checking your families hair with a nit comb can help prevent lice spreading.
- Long handle for better control
- Identifies head lice in the hair
- Prevents headlice from spreading
- Can be used in both wet and dry hair
- Please refer to packaging before use
How to use
When you comb your child’s hair, make sure you have good lighting so that you can see what you’re doing. You can choose natural nit treatments or shampoo before you start combing (read instructions before using). To treat your child’s hair with Safe and Sound Health’s Handled Head Lice Comb:
- Wash your child’s hair – you might want to use a special lice treatment shampoo, or you can use a natural remedy, such as tea tree oil, to help kill the lice.
- Apply conditioner – conditioner makes it easier to pull the comb through the hair and can also help to suffocate the head lice.
- Put a towel around your child’s shoulders to prevent any lice getting on their clothes and use a regular comb first to remove tangles.
- Comb your child’s hair in sections, focusing on removing the lice and eggs from one section at a time. It might be helpful to use hair bands or clips to section their hair and keep the sections separate, and you can also plait sections after combing them.
- Comb from top to bottom and try to get as close to the scalp as possible.
- Rewash your child’s hair to remove the conditioner and help to wash out lice and their eggs.
- Repeat the process in a few days to make sure you have got everything. You might even want to do it every day for several days.