A tick should be removed as soon as possible to reduce the chances of the tick passing on any diseases it may be carrying. Whilst it is important to remove the tick quickly, it is equally important to ensure the tick is removed correctly and safely.
Incorrect removal of a tick can result in parts of the tick being left in the skin, the tick’s body becoming compressed or puncturing the tick’s body. Any of these can result in infection, skin irritation or increased risk of diseases being passed from the tick to the host.
Safe and Sound Health’s Tick Removal Tools is designed to cradle the tick’s body without exerting any pressure on the tick. The tool safety twists the tick, allowing the bards that anchor the tick to the host skin to be safely and easily freed.
Our tick removal tool is suitable for use on both humans and animals. Each pack contains two different size tick removal tools so you can select the most appropriate one depending on the size of the tick. The tick removal tool is washable and reusable.
- Removes ticks safely and correctly
- Use on both humans and adults
- Tick tool is reusable after washing
- Each pack contains two sizes
How to use
Do not use the tick removal tool as a lever to pill the tock out. Doing so is likely to cause the tick to break apart.
To use Safe and Sound Health’s Tick Removal Tools for safely and correctly removing ticks:
- First, clean the area around the tick bite
- Choose the most suitable hook according to the size of the tick
- Glide the hook over the tick from the side until it is held
- Lift the hook gently and slowly twist (Clockwise or counter-clockwise. Twist in one direction only)
- The tick will detach by itself after 2-3 twists
- After removing the tick, clean the area thoroughly with an antiseptic wipe or spray and wash hands thoroughly.
- Clean the tick remover thoroughly with warm soapy water after each use
- Dispose of the tick safely and appropriately
Please refer to packing before use.