Used as part of your daily oral hygiene routine, Safe and Sound Health’s Waxed Dental Floss can help to prevent gum disease, tooth decay and tooth loss by removing plaque and leftover food debris from the places your toothbrush can’t reach. The waxed coated floss slides easily between even tight teeth, reaching the most difficult areas in the mouth to clean and remove bacteria.
Infused with menthol oils, our waxed dental floss can help you maintain good oral hygiene by removing bacteria and plaque from the interdental space and the gum line, leaving your mouth clean and your breath fresh all day.
- Removes plaque from the interdental spaces and gumline
- Infused with menthol oils
- Leaves your mouth clean and fresh
- 50 meters of waxed floss
- Please refer to packaging before use
How to use
Brushing alone is not enough to remove leftover food debris and plaque from the space between the teeth. Flossing is an effective way to reach the interdental space and clean between the teeth:
- Break off a piece of Safe and Sound Health Waxed Dental Floss around 18inches/45cm long, and wind most of it around your middle finger
- Wind the remaining floss around the same finger on the opposite hand
- Hold about 1-2 inches of the floss tightly between your thumb and forefingers, leaving no slack
- Gently guide the floss between your teeth using a ‘rocking’ or ‘zig-zag’ motion (Take care not to snap the floss into the gums)
- When you reach the gumline curve the floss into a ‘C-shape’ against one of the teeth until you feel resistance
- Gently scrape the floss down the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gumline. Repeat for every tooth and as you move into each tooth, unroll a fresh section of floss from your finger.
- Start flossing the top teeth, working left to the right. Then move to the bottom teeth, again working left to right. This will make it less likely you will miss a tooth
- Don’t forget to floss the back of the last tooth
- Be gentle but thorough
- Throw away the piece of floss when you are finished and use a fresh piece every time you floss