Headlice is a problem most parents have to deal with at some point but quickly detecting and removing the lice, and their eggs, you can prevent them from spreading. Safe and Sound Health’s pack of two nit combs help identify the presence of lice and nit egg in the hair. Our nit combs can used in the ‘wet combing’ method to treat and remove any headlice or eggs found in your family’s hair.
Safe and Sound Health nit comb is coloured cream, so you can easily spot any lice or nit eggs that become trapped in the comb during treatment. Regularly check your families hair with a nit comb to prevent lice spreading.
- Pack of two
- Quickly and efficiently remove lice and eggs from the hair
- Helps prevent the spread of head lice
- Please refer to packaging before use
How to use
When you comb your child’s hair, make sure you have good lighting so that you can see what you’re doing. You can choose natural nit treatments or shampoo before you start combing (read instructions before using). To treat your child’s hair with Safe and Sound Health’s Pack of 2 Nit Combs:
- Wash your child’s hair – you might want to use a special lice treatment shampoo, or you can use a natural remedy, such as tea tree oil, to help kill the lice.
- Apply conditioner – conditioner makes it easier to pull the comb through the hair and can also help to suffocate the head lice.
- Put a towel around your child’s shoulders to prevent any lice getting on their clothes and use a regular comb first to remove tangles.
- Comb your child’s hair in sections, focusing on removing the lice and eggs from one section at a time. It might be helpful to use hair bands or clips to section their hair and keep the sections separate, and you can also plait sections after combing them.
- Comb from top to bottom and try to get as close to the scalp as possible.
- Rewash your child’s hair to remove the conditioner and help to wash out lice and their eggs.
- Repeat the process in a few days to make sure you have got everything. You might even want to do it every day for several days.