Headlice is every parent’s nightmare, and a problem most parents have to deal with at some point. Detecting and removing headlice with Safe and Sound Health Nit Comb with Magnify Glass makes the job easier and helps you prevent the spread of lice. The handy magnify glass on our nit comb makes detecting any lice and eggs easier, helping you quickly and efficiently remove any lice or eggs found in the hair.
Our magnifying nit comb is cream coloured, so you can easily spot any lice that become trapped in the comb. Regularly check your family’s hair with a nit comb to prevent lice spreading.
- Magnify glass to help identify head lice and nit eggs
- Quickly and efficiently remove lice and eggs from the hair
- Please refer to packaging before use
How to use
When you comb your child’s hair, make sure you have good lighting so that you can see what you’re doing. You can choose natural nit treatments or shampoo before you start combing (read instructions before using). To treat your child’s hair with Safe and Sound Health’s Nit Comb with Magnifying Glass:
- Wash your child’s hair – you might want to use a special lice treatment shampoo, or you can use a natural remedy, such as tea tree oil, to help kill the lice.
- Apply conditioner – conditioner makes it easier to pull the comb through the hair and can also help to suffocate the head lice.
- Put a towel around your child’s shoulders to prevent any lice getting on their clothes and use a regular comb first to remove tangles.
- Comb your child’s hair in sections, focusing on removing the lice and eggs from one section at a time. It might be helpful to use hair bands or clips to section their hair and keep the sections separate, and you can also plait sections after combing them.
- Comb from top to bottom and try to get as close to the scalp as possible.
- Rewash your child’s hair to remove the conditioner and help to wash out lice and their eggs.
- Repeat the process in a few days to make sure you have got everything. You might even want to do it every day for several days