Safe and Sound Health’s Infrared Ear Thermometer takes a quick and accurate body temperature reading from the ear within one second. It’s easy to use and perfect for newborns and babies.
To use, place the thermometer probe in the ear, press the button and get a temperature reading back within one second. The infrared ear thermometer stores the last ten temperature readings, enabling you to monitor temperature changes at a glance. The Infrared Ear Thermometer comes ready-to-use with 20 replacement probes and batteries included. Thermometer accuracy is ± 0.2°C.
- Please refer to packaging and instructions before
- 20 replacement probes covers included
- Comes with batteries
- Temperature readings in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
How to use
Before using Safe and Sound Health’s Infrared Ear Thermometer you will need to cover the ear probe with an ear thermometer probe cover (like these)
To cover and protect the ear thermometer probe:
- Wash and dry your hands before use
- Remove the probe cap and wipe clean the thermometer ear probe
- Place the cover over the ear probe
- Take the temperature reading as per thermometers instructions
- Dispose of the probe cover immediately after use
- Always use a clean probe cover for each use
Before using Safe and Sound Health’s Infrared Ear Thermometer, ensure a probe cover is correctly placed over the thermometers probe:
- Switch on the infrared ear thermometer as per the instructions
- Remove the probe cap and cover with a disposable cover (always use a clean thermometer probe and dispose of the used one)
- Press the on/recall button to switch on the thermometer. You will hear a beeping sound, and the start-up screen will appear in the display window.
- When the thermometer screen displays 00.0°C and has an ear symbol, the thermometer is ready to use
- Straighten the ear canal by pulling the outer ear gently up and back to give a clear view of the eardrum (For children under one year, gently pull the ear back. For children over one year and adults, gently pull the ear up and back
- While gently pulling the outer ear, put the probe tip with a clean disposable probe cover into the ear canal (Insert fairly deep but with caution)
- Press the scan button, and a short beep will be heard.
- Hold for 1 second
- Remove the thermometer and read the temperature reading now displaying on the screen
- Dispose of the probe cover
A mild rise in temperature would be to about 37.8°C, and you should see your doctor if your temperature remains at this for more than 24 hours or if your temperature rises to 38.6°C or more
Infrared Ear Thermometer (SA8094) Instructions