Safe and Sound Health’s Hydrogel Burn Dressing is designed to be used in emergency situations for 1st and 2nd-degree burns. The hydrogel-soaked dressing immediately works to cool and relieve pain from burns and scalds.
Water is traditionally used for cooling a burn or scald, but this method requires the patient to stay near the source of water, and depending on the location of the burn or scald can be difficult. Our hydrogel soak dressing provides the same cooling effects as water on burns and scalds. Because the gel is thick and the dressing is soaked in the gel, it stays on the burn, drawing out the heat and prevents further tissues damage. The hydrogel burn dressing instantly begins to remove heat from the burn or scald, dissipating the heat and avoiding the burn from progressing deeper into the skin tissue.
The hydrogel burn dressing helps to relieve pain and discomfort following a burn or scald, quickly cooling the skin and creating a barrier between the wound and any airborne contaminations.
- Immediately cools the burn and prevents further tissue damage
- Provides instant pain-relief to the burnt or scalded area
- Creates a barrier between the wound and airborne contamination
- Quick and easy to apply
- Each dressing is 10cm x 10cm
How to use
- Remove the dressing and apply immediately to the burnt area
- If required, lightly secure with a bandage to hold in place
- Leave the dressing in place for 30-60 minutes
- Seek immediate medical attention if the burn is severe or covers a large area
For external use only
Do not use on 3rd-degree burns or chemical burns
Please refer to packaging before use